Serve on the Board
The Friends of Lory is currently seeking members to serve on the Board of Directors. Please see the job description and application for more information. Applications can be mailed to Friends of Lory, PO Box 11, Bellvue, CO 80512, or dropped off at the Lory State Park Visitor Center, or submit by emailing the application to email@example.com.
The Friends of Lory have many ways to get involved with the protection, preservation and enhancement of Lory State Park. Volunteers play an active role in helping the Friends of Lory achieve our vision to foster stewardship, enhance educational and recreational opportunities, and advocate quality programs for visitors of all ages in partnership with the Park. Volunteer tasks include:
- Volunteer Naturalists who work with the Park’s Environmental Educator
- Newsletter Editor/Coordinator, writers and photographers
- Event Coordinators: Assist with special interest group events (races, trail days, etc)
- Photography Organizer/Manager
- Outreach & Support
- Fundraising & Grant Writing
- Social Media Coordinator
- Assist with Education & Workshops
- Park & trail maintenance: help with invasive plant management, trail building and maintenance, equestrian jumps, and the Corral Center Mountain Bike Park.
- Recruiting Drives for FoLSP
- Serve on the FoLSP Board
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the membership form on our brochure (pdf file). We look forward to hearing from you!
Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless. ~Sherry Anderson
Special thanks to volunteers: We’d like to thank members of the steering committee who worked for 9 months on establishing the Friends of Lory. We’d also like to thank volunteers for helping us set up our website: Pete Stevenson, Sarah Myers, and John Young for his graphic design; and Vyvyan Brunst of Lililbug Publishing for graphic assistance on our Facebook page. Thank you Joy Jubert for the use of your beautiful photos throughout our site. Thank you Karen Wheeler for the design of our wonderful logo. Thanks also go to the Park staff for their diligent and ongoing work. We are grateful for all volunteer assistance – past, present and future. Interested in volunteering? We need you! Contact the Friends and become a volunteer!